Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How to Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Clif Bars

Hey ya'll today I'm going to share with ya'll my own recipe on how to make your own chocolate chip clif bars.  These bars are very good and kind of close to the real Clif bars, but the texture and taste is still slightly off.  Though, Clif bars are VERY expensive , so I decided to try and make my own recipe. Hope ya;ll enjoy the recipe and if you try it let me know how it went. Now lets make it!

What you will need:
  • 1cup quick cooking oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of crushed nuts, I used almonds
  • 20 dates
  • 1/4-1/2 cup honey
  • a pan
  • Optional: 1/4 cup of flaxseed or chia seeds
  • Optional: I ended up adding a little bit of water, maybe 1/8-1/4 cup

 Step 1: Crush your almonds or nut of choice, in a food possessor, or you could also use a meat pounder and a plastic bag like I did.
 Step 2: Mix together your dry ingredients
 Step 3: Mash your dates, in a food possessor or with a plastic bag and meat pounder.
 Step 4: Add the rest of your ingredients and mix well, I ended up using my hands for this step.
 Step 5: Press the mixture in a small square pan, make sure to press down REALLY well, if you don't they will fall completely apart. Over time the bars will get more solid.
Step 6: Enjoy your cheaper alternative to Clif bars, store these bars in a plastic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment